July 21, 2013 - Word of the Day
To haggle is to negotiate on the price or the conditions for a purchase. It's similar to the words "bargain" or "negotiate."
- After spending 20 minutes haggling on the price of the car, Tony was able to get it for $1000 less.
- Many people like to haggle when it comes to a large purchase. (The word "haggle" in this sentence is an infinitive.)
- They enjoy haggling. (The word "haggling" in this sentence is a gerund.)
- Are you good at haggling?
- You can't haggle on the price of food at the grocery store.
- Everyone haggles when it comes to the purchase price of a house.
Click here to learn more words.