July 20, 2013 - Word of the Day
To stay in one place for a long time is to linger. This word is similar to the word "remain."
- Let's try not to linger here in the store much longer.
- Her headache is still lingering from the day before.
- She has a lingering headache.
- Kids lingering on the beach were told to leave once the sun went down.
- The taste of medicine lingered on my tongue for several minutes.
- Following the car accident, Joe lingered on life support for a few days before he finally died.
- The man accused of the crime will have to linger in a jail cell until his appearance in court.
He's in jail.
Click here to learn more words.