July 24, 2013 - Word of the Day
To be nervous is to feel concern, worry, fear, or anxiety.
- It's natural to feel nervous.
- Bill feels nervous about taking this test.
- Sophia says she's nervous about getting married.
- Drivers might feel nervous when driving on snow and ice.
- I feel nervous for my son who's getting his wisdom teeth pulled today.
The adverb form of this word is "nervously."
- The speaker nervously addressed the audience.
- The parents nervously waited for their daughter to return home.
- The little boy approached the edge of the pool nervously before diving in.
The noun form of this word is "nervousness."
- Some students experienced a bit of nervousness as they were taking the test.
- His nervousness was evident by the amount of sweating pouring off of his brow.
- The young teacher quickly got over her nervousness after the start of the school year.
Click here to learn more words.