Word of the Day - June 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Half an hour after taking a shower, her hair still felt __________.
2. Tom is feeling a little __________ about losing his job, so he comes in earlier and stays later.
3. A new automobile assembly __________ is opening up in their city. It will produce a lot of jobs.
4. People who __________ horses for a living enjoy the work that they do.
5. Traveling to a __________ country can be an eye-opening experience. Everything is so different.
6. If you want to know the price for the jacket, look on the __________.
7. A __________ to Mars could take as long as two years to complete.
8. When it gets really cold outside, you can see your __________.
9. Elizabeth didn't want the memories of her trip to Japan to __________, so she took a lot of pictures.
10. Smoking is banned inside buildings because it's not healthy to __________ in the smoke.
11. It's a good idea not to __________ behind other students in school. Do your best to keep up.
12. A baseball __________ provides protection from the sun, but it's not necessary when inside.
13. Their cabin on the lake required too much __________ and attention, so they sold it.
14. We couldn't __________ her by phone, so we tried email instead.
15. When Muslim people ___________ Eid, they don't eat or drink during the day.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.