June 4, 2013 - Word of the Day
To be aware is to know that something is true or something is happening. This word is an adjective:
- Are you aware of the situation?
- She wasn't aware of the problem with her car.
- They weren't aware of what was happening until it was too late.
- You should be aware that several major highways will be closing this weekend.
- The police are aware of the man's illegal activities.
- It's important to be aware of what's happening.
- Everyone has been aware that Kim and Bob are having problems in their marriage.
- Be aware of other drivers when you get behind the wheel.
- I wasn't aware that he passed away.
The word "awareness" is a noun:
- A sudden awareness of the man's illness caused everyone to treat him more kindly.
- There's a growing awareness of the problems created by global warming and climate change.
- An awareness of world events and national news is necessary for someone in her position.
- There's very little awareness of the long-term effects of the drug.
Click here to learn more words.