June 29, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "nasty" is an adjective that means something or someone is bad.
- Why is he being so nasty?
- He has a nasty temper.
- John was fired for being nasty towards the customers.
- Martha is never mean or nasty.
- She doesn't have a nasty bone in her body.
- That smells nasty.
- The war was waged with nasty results.
This adjective can also be used when something is very strong or impressive, particularly an ailment:
- Yolanda has a nasty cold.
- Roberto has a nasty cough.
- That's a nasty rash you've got there.
- I've got a nasty headache.
Sometimes the word "nasty" may imply that a man or woman has a sexual proclivity (interest or ability):
- You're so nasty.
- He's a nasty man.
- Man, she's nasty.
Click here to learn more words.