June 5, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "upkeep" is a noun. It's similar to the word "maintenance."
- This old house requires a lot of upkeep.
- The upkeep for their cabin became too expensive, so they sold it.
- Upkeep costs for old buildings are high.
- The city didn't want to continue paying for the upkeep of the park, so they sold it to a private developer.
- Neglecting the upkeep of highways, bridges, and roads will result in higher costs later on.
This house requires a lot of upkeep.
Click here to learn more words.