May 3, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "glad" is similar to the word "happy."
- She's glad that she found these shoes on sale.
- She's happy that she found these shoes on sale.
- Tom is glad that his wife found a job.
- I'm glad you like this website.
- Everyone is glad that the weather is getting warmer.
- Businesses are glad that the economy is getting better.
To change "glad" to an adverb, add "ly" to the end. The word "gladly" is often used when someone does something that is difficult, uncomfortable, or a part of one's responsibilities:
- The store will gladly refund your money if you aren't satisfied with your purchase.
- The man said he would gladly pay for the window that was broken by his son.
- Members of the fire department gladly offered their services to the neighboring town overwhelmed by the explosion.
- I'll gladly help you if you need help.
- The teacher said that he would gladly help the students if they needed help.
Click here to learn more words.