May 13, 2013 - Word of the Day
A "habit" is an action or a behavior that a person repeats over and over again. Some habits are good, and some habits are bad.
- Smoking is a bad habit.
- Exercising is a good habit.
- Eating late at night is a bad habit.
- Getting up early in the morning is a good habit.
- It's a bad habit to bite your fingernails.
- It's a good habit to regularly brush your teeth.
- Some habits are very hard to break, whether they are good or bad.
- Developing good study habits is important for a student.
- What kind of habits do you have?
This old instructional film from the 1950s has some useful advice about habits:
Click here to learn more words.