"Meal" is another word for the food
that people eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The family sat down at their dinner table and enjoyed a meal of fish, rice, and vegetables.
- The meal that Olga made for dinner night was quite good.
- A coupon for that restaurant promises two meals for the price of one.
- A breakfast consisting of eggs, hash browns, and toast can be a satisfying meal.
- For some people around the world, lunch is the biggest and most important meal of the day.
- Bread and water isn't much of a meal.
- We have to put our dog outside during mealtime; otherwise, she begs for food.
- Free meals are provided to the homeless on Thanksgiving.
You can also use the word "meal" when whole grain is crushed and used for cooking or for breakfast:
- Bob likes to eat oatmeal in the morning.
- Zelda uses cornmeal as a coating for fried fish.
Chicken and french fries make a good meal, but where are the vegetables?
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on November 13, 2013. It was updated on July 29, 2016.