November 30, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "select" means to choose or make a choice:
- Which college did he select? (Which college did he choose?)
- Sarah selected a different channel on the TV.
- Why did he select that?
- How many of these may I select?
- If you select the right numbers, you can win the lottery.
- They've selected a new manager for the office.
- Has the party selected a candidate to run for office?
The word "selection" is a noun:
- She made a good selection.
- The selection process for a new manager took a few months. (In this sentence, the word "selection" is an adjective.)
- They're not happy with their selection.
Click here to learn more words.