October 29, 2013 - Word of the Day
A costume is a type of clothing that a person wears when celebrating a holiday, when pretending to be another person for a performance, or when promoting an activity or a business:
- The mascot for that team is wearing a bird costume.
- Kids come to the door dressed in costumes on Halloween and ask for candy.
- The actors and actresses who performed in the play wore costumes from the 16th century.
- Costumes are easily found at thrift stores and consignment shops.
- Our neighbors down the street had a party and everyone came wearing a costume.
- To celebrate a special holiday, the people of the town wear viking costumes.
They're wearing viking costumes.
Click here to learn more words.