Word of the Day - September 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. The police tried their best to contact the homeless man's next of __________ after he was seriously injured.
2. A __________ little girl at the wedding reception kept the guests entertained.
3. The bridge was swept away by a ____________ flood that hit the area.
4. Without my glasses, I'm as ___________ as a bat.
5. Many airlines now charge a baggage __________ for luggage other than a carry-on bag.
6. It's totally ___________ to expect all of this work to get done in such a short amount of time.
7. The __________ with which Patricia moved on the dance floor impressed all who saw her dance.
8. The __________ who crossed the street against the light caused an accident at the intersection.
9. A two million-dollar reward was offered for information leading to the ____________ of the terrorist.
10. Todd didn't know to use a ___________ to lift the car off the ground to change his tire.
11. If you take that medicine, make sure to read the instructions on the ____________.
12. A good dentist will make sure the area around a tooth is ___________ before working on it.
13. In some parts of the world, men are allowed to ____________ women without suffering any consequences.
14. Organizers of the event want to ___________ the stadium with spectators in order to generate more excitement.
15. The __________ between rich and poor in the United States continues to widen.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.