September 1, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "absurd" is an adjective that's similar to the words "crazy," "strange," and "bizarre."
- She said something that was just absurd.
- That man is behaving in an absurd manner.
- It's totally absurd to expect us to wait in this line for over three hours.
- Todd gave some absurd reason for being late to work today.
- I can't believe you accused me of that. That's absurd.
We often use this adjective to mean that there is a large amount of something:
- He makes an absurd amount of money as a lawyer.
- There were so many people at the show it was absurd.
- An absurd amount of snow fell during the snowstorm.
Click here to learn more words.