September 29, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "ever" is an adverb that refers to some action in the past, present, or future. This word is often used with questions:
- Did you ever hear from the people who interviewed you for that job?
- Did they ever have a chance to see the Statue of Liberty when they visited New York?
- Have you ever eaten sushi?
- Has your car ever given you any trouble?
- Does Helen ever make it to work on time?
- Do I ever snore while I'm asleep?
- Does it ever snow in this part of the country?
- Will Antonio ever ask his girlfriend to marry him?
- Are they ever going to get their house painted?
You can use the word "ever" with the word "since" when marking a time in the past:
- Ever since Tom went away to college, he has stopped shaving. Now he has a very long beard.
- They've had problems with their car ever since they bought it.
- Ever since she was a little girl, she has liked spinach.
Click here to learn more words.