September 8, 2013 - Word of the Day
To harass someone is to cause trouble for a person. It happens again and again, over and over, and sometimes the harassment is illegal.
- Some of the kids at school harass Jose because of the the way he talks and where he comes from.
- Bill says the police are harassing him because of the way he looks.
- The mayor of the city sexually harassed some of his staff members. Eventually, he lost his job.
- When Jill found out who was harassing her, she hired someone to take care of the problem.
The noun form of this word is harassment:
- Our supervisor lost his job because of a sexual harassment incident.
- Harassment of students is not tolerated at our school.
- Most schools in the United States have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to any form of harassment.
Click here to learn more words.