September 15, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "obese" is similar to the word "fat." However, if a person is obese, he or she has a weight problem that is unhealthy. It's necessary to lose body fat if a person is obese.
- The doctor told Charles that he is obese.
- His obesity is threatening his health. (The word "obesity" is a noun.)
- Other members of his family are also obese. Obesity runs in the family.*
- People who visit the United States for the first time are surprised to see so many people who are obese.
- There are many diseases that result from obesity. Diabetes is one of them.
Charles is obese.
*runs in the family: a condition is likely to be inherited. The mother or father passes on genes responsible for a physical condition.
Click here to learn more words.