September 20, 2013 - Word of the Day
A tale is a story. This word is usually used when the story is fictional (not true). The word "tale" is also used when a person is lying:
- Jimmy was caught telling tales that weren't true.
- The children listened to a tale about a giant who lived in the sky.
- Tales about Paul Bunyan are well known in Minnesota. He was a large man who cut down entire forests with an ax and formed the lakes of Minnesota with his feet.
- Folktales are found in every culture around the world.
- Did you read or listen to fairy tales when you were a child?
- A story that features a small person with wings and can fly is a good example of a fairy tale.
Click here to learn more words.