An x-ray is a type of ray that can pass through or look inside a solid object, such as a human being, and show things that are underneath a surface.
- The x-ray showed the man was suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- When John went to the dentist, they took x-rays of his teeth.
- An x-ray indicated that Martha had a tumor growing in her stomach.
- Doctors x-rayed the patient to see if the operation had been successful. (In this sentence, "x-ray" is used as a verb.)
- Overexposure to x-rays can be harmful to your health.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was published on September 24, 2013.