An attitude is a feeling or a manner of expression. It can be good or bad, positive or negative, normal or extreme. This word is often used in describing how a person regards other people, or how a person regards work.
- Cindy has a good attitude towards school.
- Tony's attitude towards work is poor. He has a poor attitude.
- A person with a positive attitude can accomplish great things.
- If you really want to learn English well, it's important to have a good attitude towards school and studying.
- Once Abdi changed his attitude towards his teachers, his grades improved and he started to enjoy school.
- Charlene was fired from her job because she had a bad attitude, and she was rude to the customers.
Sometimes the word "attitude" implies that a person's behavior or feelings are negative.
- He's developed a real attitude.
- She has an attitude problem.
- Where did she get that attitude?
- A person with an attitude won't last long around here.
- What's up with the attitude?
- I don't like your attitude.
- You'd better change your attitude.
After living in California for a few years, she developed an attitude towards her old friends.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was originally published on April 1, 2014.