April 4, 2014 - Word of the Day: drill
There are a few different ways to use the word "drill." As a verb, "drill" means to repeat an action or repeat information so that it is memorized and learned.
- The soccer coach drills his players on how to pass the ball.
- The teacher drilled her students on spelling.
- Firefighters are drilled on how to use CPR when a person isn't breathing.
To drill, also means to put a hole into something.
- Oil companies drill for oil.
- A dentist drills decayed material out of a tooth.
- A carpenter drills holes through wood when working on a construction project.
This word can also be used as a noun.
Click here to learn more words.