April 6, 2014 - Word of the Day: fret
To fret about something is to worry.
- Tina frets about everything.
- Henry is fretting over his grades.
- You shouldn't fret about that. There's nothing you can do.
- Don't fret. We'll figure out how to fix this.
This word can also be used as a noun:
- The mother was so consumed by fret that she had a nervous breakdown.
- The fret of more fatalities related to the ignition caused the automaker to order a recall.
- The man's fret soon disappeared when he realized the woman was pushing a bag of laundry in the buggy and not a baby.
A fret is also a part of the guitar that produces notes and chords.
- My fingers are spread out over four frets.
- In order to produce sound on a guitar, your fingers must be placed on the right frets.
Click here to learn more words.