When something shrivels it gets smaller. This happens due to age or dryness.
- Grapes shrivel to become raisins when they are dried.
- Leaves fall off of trees in the fall and shrivel up on the ground.
- When a person passes the age of 80, skin on the face and hands usually become shriveled.
- Corn shrivels up in the cornfield when there's a drought.
- Investments in technology stocks shriveled up at the end of the dot-com boom in the late 90s.
Do you need help with the "shr" sound? Click here.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was published on April 30, 2014.