December 2, 2014 - Word of the Day
A person whio washes the body with soap and water takes a bath.
- He's taking a bath.
- He's sitting in a bath tub.
- Do you take a bath, or do you prefer to take a shower?
- Kids need to take baths regularly even though they may resist.
The word "bathe" is a verb. Notice that the addition of the "e" at the end of "bath" changes the vowel sound. To bathe can include showering.
- He's bathing in hot, soapy water.
- People who bathe regularly require a good source of clean water.
- Her bathing habits include a hot shower before she leaves for work.
- Cats don't need to take baths. They bathe themselves.
Note: The "th" sound that comes at the end of "bath" or "bathe" might be difficult for some students.
Click here to practice the unvoiced "th" sound.
Click here to practice the voiced "th" sound.
Click here to learn more words.