December 6, 2014 - Word of the Day
Fabric is the material that is found in clothing and furniture. It can be natural or synthetic. Cotton is a fabric. It comes from a plant. Polyester is a fabric. It's made in a factory. Wool is a fabric. It comes from an animal.
- Gina went to the store to buy some fabric for a dress she wanted to make.
- She went to the fabric store.
- There's a wide assortment of fabric to choose from.
- How much fabric do you need?
- The fabric in the coat is a blend of polyester and wool.
- Some fabrics are very delicate.
- Fabric softener helps keep your clothes soft and free of static when they are in the dryer. fabric softener
The store has beautiful fabric!
Note: The word "fabric" is usually a noncount noun (fabric), but sometimes an "s" is added to make it a count noun (fabrics).
Click here to learn more words.