February 27, 2014 - Word of the Day: pest
A pest is an animal or an insect that causes problems for people, plants, or other animals. A pest can be big or small.
Sometimes we use the word"pest" to describe human beings.
- That little boy is being a pest.
- That kid is such a pest.
- Sandra thinks her little brother is a pest.
- Stop being a pest.
- If I'm being a pest, just let me know. I don't want to bother you.
The word "pester" is a verb.
- Stop pestering me.
- Reporters pestered the politician with questions until he finally gave them some answers.
- Manuel is always pestering the teacher about his grades.
*pesticide: a chemical used to kill pests.
Click here to learn more words.