Word of the Day - Words that begin with the letter A
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once. Some words are not used.
1. Don't __________ those bees. They might attack you.
2. A letter grade of "B" on a report card indicates that a student's work is above __________.
3. When will Carla be __________ to work next week?
4. They say that no two snowflakes are exactly __________.
5. You can't help but __________ a new baby.
6. It's difficult to understand the __________ that refugees experience unless you've been one.
7. Everyone loves Pierre's French __________.
8. Ahmed is feeling a little __________ about a math test he has to take tomorrow.
9. I __________ you to develop your vocabulary in English. It takes a long time to do that.
10. __________ workers are usually the ones that get ahead in life.
11. Let's walk __________ the shoreline and look for sea shells.
12. We had a totally ___________ time at the party.
13. There __________ no way I'm going to work today. I'm too sick.
14. Jonah is complaining of an _________ in his ear.
15. Dark colors __________ more energy from the sun than light colors.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.