Any sort of flexible material that is used as a container could be called a bag. There are many different types of bags:
When "bag" is used as a verb it means to put something into a bag:
- Someone bagged my groceries at the grocery store.
- She bagged the potatoes.
- Do you bag your own groceries when you go shopping?
A popular expression in the United States is "in the bag." This means that something has already been completed or it's easily done.
- We've got this deal in the bag.
- Profits for the year are in the bag.
- With a score of 45 to 7, they've got this game in the bag. (The team that's winning can't possibly lose.)
- Joseph isn't worried about whether or not he's going to get the job he interviewed for. He says it's in the bag
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on January 2, 2014. It was updated on May 17, 2016.