January 4, 2014 - Word of the Day: dodge
To dodge something is to avoid it or get away from it.
- Ray dodged several cars as he ran across the street.
- Matt tried to dodge the police, but they eventually caught him.
- The fighter skillfully dodged the punches that came from his opponent.
- We barely dodged a hailstorm that passed through our area.
- The fish that were unable to dodge the nets were brought into the boat and processed.
- The object of dodgeball is to dodge the ball that's thrown at you. This is a very popular game among children in American schools.
They're playing dodgeball.
Click here to learn more words.