January 28, 2014 - Word of the Day: squirt
When liquid is pushed through a narrow or small opening, it squirts.
- The boys played with squirt guns all day.
- They squirted each other with water.
- Water squirts through a nozzel.
There are other things that squirt, such as lemons, oranges, and grapefruit.
- Many people like to squirt lemon juice on food to add more flavor.
- You can squirt lemon juice from a bottle or by squeezing a lemon that has been cut.
- Grapefruit juice squirts out from a grapefruit if you cut it in half and eat it with a spoon.
Liquid squirts out of things that are under pressure, and sometimes when it's unexpected.
- She accidently squirted her boss with ink.
- Ink squirted out of the pen.
- Pens that squirt ink are messy and should not be used.
Water squirts from a whale's blowhole.
Click here to learn more words.