July 6, 2014 - Word of the Day: ignore
This verb is used when a person doesn't pay attention to another person or to a thing.
- Luke is ignoring complaints about his car.
- Tina ignored the person sitting next to her on the plane. Although he kept on talking, she didn't say a word.
- Don't ignore the law. You might get in trouble.
- You shouldn't ignore chest pain. It might indicate a serious health problem.
- It's hard to ignore the heat when it's over 100 degrees outside.
- Stop ignoring me and listen!
- A beggar approached a wealthy man standing in the street and asked for money, but he was ignored.
The beggar was ignored.
Click here to learn more words.