July 14, 2014 - Word of the Day: nibble
The word "nibble" is used when taking small bites of food or when eating small amounts of food:
- The chipmunk is nibbling on an acorn.
- Tom nibbles on carrots and celery all day to keep his weight in check.
- Please stop nibbling on the food until our guests arrive.
- We nibbled on appetizers before the entrees were served.
- I need something to nibble on.
- Sandra's baby is nibbling on her pacifier. (A pacifier is not food, but the verb may apply in this case.)
Click here to learn more words.