March 29, 2014 - Word of the Day: bonus
A bonus is something extra that a person receives from a business or at work. It usually comes in the form of money, but it can be any kind of reward.
- Julio received a bonus of $500 at the end of the year.
- Bertha got a bonus check for meeting her quota this quarter.
- Everyone at the company will get a bonus this year.
- Charles is counting on his bonus.
- Free pizza on Friday night is a bonus for workers who stay late at work.
- The teacher always puts bonus questions on the test. If we get the right answers, we get extra points.
- Time off from work was an unexpected bonus for George as he recovered from an accident.
- New customers at the bank will get some kind of bonus for opening a savings account.
Click here to learn more words.