March 25, 2014 - Word of the Day: invoice
An invoice is a bill. It lists the costs for labor, parts, a product, taxes, and other small expenses. Companies often include an invoice with a product when it is mailed, or an invoice is sent to an individual or a company long after the product or service has been provided. If you are involved in managing services or products, this is an important word to understand.
- The company will send us an invoice for the work they did.
- An invoice was included in the package.
- Our company saves all the invoices it receives.
- Rueben's secretary files all of the invoices in a filing cabinet.
- Could you please send us an invoice?
- There's an error on this invoice. (error = mistake)
- She's upset because there are some unexpected expenses on the invoice.
Click here to learn more words.