March 16, 2014 - Word of the Day: occupation
occ u pa tion
An occupation is a job or a type of work that a person does. This word is similar to the word "career."
- What's your occupation?
- What was your previous occupation? (Where did you work before the job you have now?)
- There are many interesting occupations that a person can prepare for.
- The Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics is a good place to research various occupations.
- Accounting is a good occupation.
- Teaching is a noble occupation, but the pay isn't very good.
- I'm thinking about changing occupations. What should I do?
- Many occupations require some knowledge of how to use a computer.
The word "occupational" is an adjective.
- People who study occupational medicine learn how a person's working conditions affect overall health.
Click here to learn more words.