May 17, 2014 - Word of the Day: roster
A roster is a list of people. This is a word that you will usually hear used by teachers who have the names of students on a roster. The names of players on a sports team also go onto a roster.
- I don't see your name on my roster.
- The teacher has 30 students on her roster.
- How many people are on the roster?
- The coach added a few more names to the roster.
- The team roster is available online.
- We checked the roster to see who was playing.
Click here to learn more words.