May 23, 2014 - Word of the Day: stale
If something is stale, it's old. Food goes stale, but so do some other things that lose their freshness.
- This bread is stale.
- I can't eat these crackers. They're too stale.
- Cindy's leftover popcorn from last night is stale.
- If hard pretzels go stale, they become soft.
- If a cake goes stale, it becomes hard.
- Sarah broke up with her boyfriend because their relationship had become stale and lacked passion.
- It's not a good idea to drink stale water. Fresh water is much better.
Pita bread goes stale if it's left out for too long.
Click here to learn more words.