November 10, 2014 - Word of the Day
Jelly is a thick, semi-transparent substance that has a smooth texture and a high water content. We most commonly associate this word with food, but many different things can have a jelly-like appearance.
- Kids like to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.
- Jordan's favorite jelly is grape.
- I like strawberry jelly.
- Do you like jelly donuts?
- Jelly beans are a popular form of candy. Inside the jelly bean is gelatin.
- Cranberry sauce has a jelly-like appearance.
This is a jelly donut.
Some things that have the word "jelly" in them can not be eaten:
- Jellyfish have long tentacles and sting people.
- Petroleum jelly is used to lubricate things.
- When ultrasound is used on a person to look at internal parts of the body, the technician spreads a jelly-like substance over the part of the body that is being examined.
It hurts to be stung by a jellyfish.
Click here to learn more words.