November 11, 2014 - Word of the Day
A kink is a problem, something that is bent or twisted, or a sharp pain in the body:
- I've got a kink in my neck. (My neck hurts in a particular spot.)
- The garden hose has a kink in it. (This prevents water from flowing through the hose.)
- There's a kink in the wire. It has to be straightened out.
- We found a kink in the program that has to be fixed.
The word "kinky" is an adjective:
- His hair is kind of kinky and curly.
- Bernice likes her kinky hair.
- That idea sounds kind of kinky. (This is not really good. The idea sounds lewd or strange.)
- He's into weird kinky stuff.
Click here to learn more words.
Your donations help keep this website free for everyone. Please donate if you can.
If you can't donate, that's okay!