November 18, 2014 - Word of the Day
Rain is the liquid precipitation that falls from clouds in the sky. To feel or see rain is one of the most common experiences for human beings, plants, and animals.
- He's standing in the rain.
- He's using an umbrella because it's raining.
- Rain showers are common in the spring, summer, and fall.
- When it gets cold, rain turns to snow.
- Sometimes rain is accompanied by thunder and lightning.
- When it rains heavily, it pours. Thunderstorms create a pouring rain.
- A raincoat can keep you from getting wet.
- Yellow is a popular color for raincoats.
- Sometimes it's best just to stay inside on a rainy day.
- A rainy day often lasts all day.
The word "rainy" is an adjective. Listen carefully because the words "raining" and "rainy" sound similar:
- It's raining outside.
- It's a rainy day.
Click here to learn more words.