November 21, 2014 - Word of the Day
An umbrella provides a person with protection from rain, sun, or snow:
- She's holding an umbrella.
- The umbrella protects her from the rain.
- She usually carries an umbrella with her on days when it's likely to rain.
- He's sitting under an umbrella.
- The umbrella protects him from the sun.
- He usually sits under an umbrella when he goes to the beach because he doesn't want to get a sunburn.
- She's holding a parasol. A parasol is a fancy umbrella, but it doesn't provide very much protection.
Click here to learn more words.