October 11, 2014 - Word of the Day: bob
When something "bobs," it floats.
- This is a bobber. You use a bobber while you are fishing. It bobs in the water and lets you know when a fish has taken your bait.
- When something bobs in the water, it moves up and down with the movement of the waves.
- The birds bobbed in the water.
You can also use the word "bob" for an activity that traditionally happens during parties celebrated in the fall or around Halloween.
- They're bobbing for apples.
- It's fun to bob for apples, but it's very difficult.
- When bobbing for apples, you can only use your mouth to grab the apples out of the water. You can't use your hands.
Click here to learn more words.