October 31, 2014 - Word of the Day: chaos
Use the word "chaos" to describe a situation that is out of control. There is a tragedy and people don't know what to do. There's no organization, and panic sets in because it feels like conditions can get worse.
- There was chaos in the streets following the bomb blast.
- It was chaos after the team won the game and the fans flooded the field.
- Chaos broke out when the results of the election were announced.
- The meeting ended in chaos when the president of the company announced that he was resigning.
- Bill doesn't like dealing with all of the chaos that he's experiencing at work right now.
The word "chaotic" is an adjective:
- This is becoming a chaotic situation.
- The heat of the battle was completely chaotic, and many soldiers lost their lives.
- Although the soccer match was a little chaotic at times, it was fascinating to watch.
There was chaos in the streets.
Click here to learn more words.