October 26, 2014 - Word of the Day: dismal
The word "dismal" is an adjective that describes a bad situation or a feeling. It's similar to the word "depressing."
- The results from the test were dismal.
- Alberto and Emma had a dismal experience when they visited Dallas.
- Todd has a dismal outlook on life. He's a very pessimistic person.
- This is just dismal.
- The weather looks dismal today.
- People used to think old buildings looked dismal and dreary, but nowadays there's a greater appreciation for the old architecture.
This is an old building.
Click here to learn more words.