October 19, 2014 - Word of the Day: fluid
The word "fluid" is similar to the word "liquid." Fluids take the form of things that you drink or things that flow easily, such as oil or chemicals.
- If you're sick, it's important to drink plenty of fluids in order to keep your body hydrated.
- The fluids in your car need to be checked regularly.
- The fluid that goes into a radiator helps to keep the engine cool.
- Use lighter fluid on charcoal to start a fire in a barbeque grill.
- Body fluids can easily transmit disease, so be careful!
- Mucous from the nose is an example of a body fluid.
- The hospital patient died because he had too much fluid in his lungs.
The word "fluid" can also be used as an adjective to describe a situation that is changing rapidly.
- The police are dealing with a very fluid situation that involves the taking of hostages.
- The information available is too fluid to verify.
If you body needs more fluid, drink tea or coffee.
Click here to learn more words.