October 9, 2014 - Word of the Day: spooky
The word "spooky" is similar to the word "scary," however, something that is spooky might not cause fear. Instead, spooky things cause unease or a feeling of discomfort. This word is often associated with places, situations, and the Halloween holiday.
- A graveyard is a spooky place to be at night, but it's especially spooky on Halloween night.
- There's an empty house on our street that is very spooky.
- Sometimes the wind makes a spooky sound outside of my window.
- Billy doesn't like to sleep in his room by himself because he says it's too spooky.
- The man who lives at the end of the hallway in Lakshmi's building is a spooky character.
Click here to learn more words.