October 27, 2014 - Word of the Day: stove
A stove provides heat and a surface on which to cook. A stove is often--but not always--on top of an oven.
The stove is on top.
A stove has gas or electric burners.
- There's something cooking on the stove.
- Be careful! The stove is hot.
- After cooking a big meal, it's necessary to clean the stove.
- The stove is dirty. It's needs to be cleaned.
our old stove
Some stoves are portable. All you need to do is attach a small propane tank to provide fuel for cooking:
- She's using a Coleman stove.
- It's easier to cook over a stove than over a campfire.
Click here to learn more words.