September 9, 2014 - Word of the Day: wholesome
The words "whole" and "some" have completely different meanings from the adjective that they create when they are put together. Something that is "wholesome" is healthy, family-friendly, or good for the soul.
- Walt Disney is well-known for producing wholesome entertainment that the entire family can enjoy.
- That restaurant sells very wholesome food. Everything is fresh and most of it is organic.
- We were surprised to learn that the people living across the street were not living wholesome lives.
- The candidate for the senate is trying to present herself as honest and wholesome.
- Priests do their best to live wholesome lives.
- The Minnesota State Fair is generally regarded as a fun and wholesome activity.
- The Subway sandwich franchise promotes itself as a wholesome alternative to fast food.
Click here to learn more words.