August 25, 2015
The opposite of right is wrong. Use this word when there is an error, a mistake, a misjudgment, a moral failing, or someone just screwed up.
- Your answer is wrong.
- That's wrong.
- It's not right. It's wrong.
- Antonio got ten wrong on the test.
- Do you know how to fix what's wrong?
- We were all wrong about Roger. He's actually a good guy.
- You were wrong to do that.
- What's happening to the people of Syria is wrong.
- Do those people know the difference between right and wrong?
- I made a wrong turn and got lost.
- You're in the wrong seat. You should be sitting over there.
- This is the wrong location.
- He picked the wrong person to mess around with.
- Janice hangs around the wrong people. (bad people)
- Joe got up on the wrong side of the bed today. (This is an expression. It means that his day got off to a bad start and he's in a bad mood.)
- Two wrongs don't make a right. (This is an expression. It means that you can't correct a situation that's wrong by doing something that is equally wrong.)
Uh-oh! Something went wrong.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.