December 13, 2015
A loyal person is someone who stays faithful to friends or family members. He or she is available to help, regardless of the situation.
- Roger is a loyal employee of the company. He works hard so that the company will be successful.
- Roger is also a loyal husband. He loves his wife and he would never leave her.
- Gloria is a loyal wife. She loves her husband and she would never leave him.
- Our dog is very loyal. She obeys our commands and protects our house. She would never try to run away.
- Edward is a loyal member of his church. He offers his time and donates money to keep the church operating.
- Andrew was fired from the company for being disloyal. (The word "disloyal" is the opposite of "loyal.")
- My friends are very loyal. They're always available if I need them.
Dogs are loyal to their masters.
The word "loyalty" is a noun:
- Walter was rewarded for his loyalty to the company with a big raise in his salary.
- Loyalty to one's family is what helps the family thrive. (thrive = be successful)
- The player's loyalty to his team was questioned when he failed to perform to the best of his abilities.
- His loyalty was called into question. (call into question = doubt)
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.